Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated, Plastic Cutting, Spiral 'O' Flute CNC Router Bits with special unique carbide with nACo® nanocomposite coating for longer lifetime in plastics and other materials.
The nACo micro-thin ceramic coating provides extreme nanohardness and heat resistance to the router bit. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is an micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coatings prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
To be used only on CNC machines and routers with automatic feeding. Solid carbide Spiral 'O' flute plastic cutting router bits use the highest quality sub-micrograin carbide, have a special proprietary edge processing system and feature a super high polished cutting edge with a unique “mirror finish”, resulting in clean cuts, superior surface finish and a longer tool life. The Spiral ‘O’ flute sharpening/finishing process increases feed rates, allowing for more linear feet routed in less time.
These bits are specifically designed for a variety CNC machining applications and a long list (see below) of materials. Continuous improvements in cutting performance, the unique carbide polishing process, tool design & geometry make these router bits perfect for routing signs and displays. Signmaking (signcrafter) router bits were originally developed in Europe specifically for professional sign makers. Corrugated plastic products, such as Correx boards are used in a variety of applications including boat building, packaging, signage, outdoor advertising, and the production of pet cages. Today, CNC routers have become the tool of choice for sign makers, moving beyond printers and vinyl cutters.
Benefits of Mirror-Finish:
- Razor sharp cutting edge
- Effortless chip removal
- Helps prevent chip re-welding
- Dissipates heat well and prevents melting
- Extends tool life
- Exceptional cut quality
Solid carbide Spiral ‘O’ flute plastic cutting router bits produce super-clean cuts in the following materials:
- Acetal and Nylon
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Coroplast® *
- Corrugated Plastics such as Correx Boards and Polypropylene
- Crosslinked Polyethylene (XPE, PEX, XLPE)
- Extruded Acrylic
- Foam Board
- Gatorfoam® **
- Hard Plastic
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) for digital printing
- High Pressure Laminates (HPL)
- Hydroxy-Terminated Polyether (HTPE)
- King ColorCore® ***
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Perspex® Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as Acetal, Polyacetal and Polyformaldehyde
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Sign Foam
- Sintra PVC
- Solid Surfaces
- StarBoard® (King StarBoard 'R') High Density Polyethylene Sheet (HDPE)
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Trespa® Meteon®****
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Vinyl Flooring
* Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
** Gatorfoam® Foam Board, a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
*** King ColorCore®, The Multi-Color Engravable Polymer Sheet.
**** Decorative high-pressure compact laminate (HPL) with an integral surface.
ATTENTION! 51415 reduce RPM & Feed Rates (IPM) by 30-50% to prevent tool breakage due to extremely small diameter (D). These bits are high finish (not mirror finish due to small diameter).
Maximum RPM: 35,000
Vectric .tool & Fusion .tools File
AutoCad PDF/DXF File