Double Edge Folding PCD V-Groove Router Bits for Shaping Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) Panels
These bits are widely used as cladding for many diverse applications such as office buildings, hospitals, convention centers, airports, hotels. Routing V-shaped grooves, whereby the aluminum cover and a part of the polyethylene core is removed, allows folding/creasing the remaining material by hand.
Designed for scoring Aluminum Composite Materials including:
- Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Clay, Zinc & Wood Composite Panels
- Aluminum Composite Materials (ACM)
- Aluminum Composite Panel (ACP)*
- ALPOLIC® Copper Composite Material (CCM)
- PE and FR Cores
- Titanium Composite Material (TCM)
Diamond is the hardest material on the earth. Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) tooling is manufactured in a high-temperature and high-pressure laboratory that fuses diamond particles onto a carbide substrate, which allows the diamond to be brazed onto a tool body.
PCD Tooling Benefits:
- Harder cutting edge provides higher resistance to wear
- Cut thousands of feet more than carbide without changing tool, saving setup time
- Optimized machine tool efficiency
- Quality of finish is often significantly improved
Excellent for scoring:
- Composite panels
- Custom composite materials
- Fiberglass PCB board
- Fiber-reinforced urethane
- Fiber-reinforced structural foam floors
- Lightweight composites
- Hard and soft wood
*Aluminum Composite Panel (ACP) is a type of ACM flat panel that consists of two thin aluminium sheets bonded to a non-aluminium core and is widely used as cladding for many diverse applications such as interior and exterior office buildings, external cladding or facades of buildings, hospitals, convention centers, airports, hotels, insulation and signage. **Durabond is a polyethylene core with 0.3mm colored aluminum sheet on either side, pre-finished requiring no decoration. Routing V-shaped grooves, whereby the aluminum cover and a part of the polyethylene core is removed, allows folding the remaining material by hand. Ideal for wall panel fabrication.