Difficulty Level – Beginner
With this design you will be able to make a functional and attractive step stool you can customize with a name or anything else you’d like!
This project filled a great need in my house, the kids constantly fought over sharing a stool at the sink, so I made one for each of them and they love it! The final assembled dimensions of the step stool are 13.75” wide x 14.5” deep x 13” high. I designed this in a way that all the pockets for assembly are cut on the CNC machine without the need for dog bone corners on the outside to make everything fit together correctly, this makes it look much nicer in my opinion and the plans discuss how we achieved that.
Tools used in this project:
In-Tech™ Series Insert Carbide V Groove 90 Deg x 11/16 D x 1/4 Inch SHK Single Flute Router Bit no. RC-45711
Amana Tool® 46202-K SC Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Plunge 1/4 Dia x 3/4 CH x 1/4 SHK 2-1/2 Inch Long Down-Cut Router Bit
Amana Tool 46125-K SC Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Plunge 1/8 Dia x 13/16 CH x 1/4 SHK 2-1/2 Inch Long Up-Cut Router Bit
Amana Tool 46700-K CNC SC Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coated Compression Spiral 1/4 D x 7/8 CH x 1/4 SHK x 2-1/2 Inch Long 2 Flute Router Bit for Birch Plywood
Amana Tool 49544 Carbide Tipped 4 Flute Corner Rounding/Beading 1/8 R x 7/8 D x 7/16 CH x 1/4 Inch SHK w/ Lower Ball Bearing Router Bit
Amana Tool 55227 Carbide Tipped Countersink with No Burning and No Marring Adjustable Depth Stop with No-Thrust BB, 3/8 D Quick Release Hex Shank
Tools Used – Stepcraft M.1000 CNC Machine https://toolstoday.com/stepcraft-m-1000-cnc-system.html
Optional: Drill Press and SawStop router table
How it works
- After confirming the payment, you will receive an email confirmation with a download link.
- The link will have a zip file in it and will contain all items in the “Included with the plans” section.
- Click the Download button and save the file to your computer.
Included with the plans
You will receive a detailed PDF with step-by-step instructions, SVG files, DXF Files, Vectric Aspire and Vectric V-Carve Pro files, both compatible with version 9 and up. The Vectric files include all toolpaths set for you.
What you have to know
- All sales are final.
- Downloaded products are non-refundable.
- You agree that these files are for personal use only.
- File may not be shared or uploaded to another website.
- You agree to not share these files in any way or form.
- You agree to not sell the finished product created by these plans nor mass produce these files.